Understanding Unconscious Bias
Unconscious Bias can have important consequences on employee and customer experience, and over time, may hinder an organization’s ability to execute its business effectively and drive growth. Yet, talking about issues of race, diversity and prejudice in the workplace can be uncomfortable. Unconscious bias training programs are designed to expose people to their implicit biases, provide tools to adjust automatic patterns of thinking, and ultimately eliminate discriminatory behaviors. We will present the Understanding Unconscious Bias to Improve Employee Engagement, Talent Acquisition and Customer Experience.
During this 90-minute session, participants will:
- Understand and recognize unconscious bias gives you the ability to change your behavior to make better decisions.
- Recognize some culture and inclusion trends in corporate America about major cultural groups.
- Identify common myths, beliefs, and misconceptions about major cultural groups.
- Identify examples of family traditions, religion, goal setting, conflict resolution and communication styles that may impact performance in the workplace.
- Understand that managing multiple cultures at work in an inclusive manner can make you a better leader.
Presenter: Gerry Fernandez, Multicultural Foodservice & Hospitality Alliance (MFHA)
As President and Founder of MFHA - an educational non-profit organization that makes the business case for developing cultural intelligence in the workplace- Gerry has spent decades educating and advocating for the business benefits of cultural diversity and inclusion in the foodservice & hospitality industry. An engagingly energetic Speaker who practices “straight talk”, he travels across the US and internationally, bringing authentic perspective on building Cultural Intelligence that raises the topline, improves the bottom-line, and builds brands’ cultural authenticity. Gerry was named to Nation’s Restaurant News 2018 Power List of the 50 Most Influential People in Foodservice, “the definitive list of industry leaders who are not only setting trends today, but also shaping them for tomorrow”.
Multicultural Foodservice & Hospitality Alliance (MFHA):
MFHA is a 501c3 educational non-profit that delivers multicultural solutions and services to our members that help maximize business opportunities in the workplace and marketplace.
EDUCATE - Cultural Intelligence and professional development training to drive business results.
ADVOCATE - Promote the career and business opportunities that exist with member companies for diverse talent.
CONNECT - Help industry professionals connect for informal mentoring and networking at our events and activities.
We help our members and the industry effectively engage multicultural employees, customers and communities to improve business results.
1. Sign into your IFDA account to begin the registration process
2. Click 'Register Myself' to sign up for the webinar
3. Click Proceed to Checkout
4. Click Submit Order to complete your registration